Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Conduit

Anyone who reads this blog knows that my last post was about my oldest child. He was an excellent boy who, however, needed firm guidance. After the divorce proceeding was initiated, in my opinion he no longer received that and became a victim of Parental Alienation Syndrome ("PAS"), which some regard as child abuse. On his twenty-first birthday he changed his name and passed out of my life.

I used to create brief write ups of the sundry athletic contributions of my three children, similar to my last posting. I would periodically present inscribed scrapbooks to my kids which I bound at Kinkos, containing the summaries along with photocopies of their pictures, compositions, art, medals, ribbons, certificates and awards.

During the divorce, teenaged Jimmy explained to me that these scrapbooks showed I was pathetically living vicariously through the athletic achievements of my children because I obviously had none of my own. I believe that this minor child came up with this adult notion through the counseling of the Licensed Clinical Social Worker ("LCSW") he was seeing at the time for school issues. She was also counseling his Mother, in my opinion an egregious conflict of interest.

The Court found that this Virginia-licensed LCSW "served as the conduit through which information relating to the divorce grounds and allegations are transmitted from the mother to the children," and barred the LCSW from testifying at the custody trial. She continued to "counsel" my child, though. In my opinion, PAS is achieved with the complicity of such "professionals," and children such as mine are thereby effectively and extra-judicially deprived of their fathers.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

"adult notion" is good terminology!

How rotten for a psychologist to criticize a parent for celebrating the accomplishments of their young people... In a world where so many teens are not celebrated. Sad.

The days keep ticking away.. I hope your sons will not wait too long to find their Dad.

DawnB said...

I believe hope is there. They are still young.