Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dear Children

I posted this fare-thee-well recently on Face Book to my three sons, all now adults, who have rejected for years all of my attempts to re-connect with them after a contentious divorce. During the nuclear litigation, these minors were the supposed plaintiffs in a secondary lawsuit brought against me that the court found to be an unconscionable harassment petition, an attempt by their Mother to interfere with my relationship with my children.

The court sanctioned and assessed costs against her of nearly $50,000, but I never saw my children again. That's why it's against public policy to allow children to be parties in domestic law litigation.

Moby Dick ends with the ship sinking and dragging a living part of heaven to hell with her. "Now small fowls flew screaming over the yet yawning gulf; a sullen white surf beat against its steep sides; then all collapsed, and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled 5,000 years ago." Fare thee well JJ&D, live long and prosper and I'll always love you.

Love Dad.

No comments: