Sunday, February 11, 2018

Jimmy

I ran into a friend from my law school small section, whom I hadn't seen in years. He was the glue, along with one or two others who were slightly older, that bridged the divide between the less-than-worldly 22 year-olds in the section and the more experienced types like me, in my mid-30s with children and a decade in law enforcement already.

He asked how my 3 boys were, the same ones who used to be underfoot at softball games and parties during those 3 years, and I regretfully told him they had all grown up in the image of their mother and I hadn't spoken to any of them for years. I said I knew that two had gone to college because I could tell that from receiving receipts for the eight semesters of full payment for each of them drawn from two of the three fully-paid tuition plans I owned, to be used for their college education.

Regretfully, the oldest had never attended college, something that was important to me and my family but apparently not important to their mother or her line of their family. My friend looked concerned and he said he would pray for him.

I know he will, that's the kind of guy he is. Thanks Jimmy.

No comments: