Sunday, June 30, 2019

Spring Activities

Spring 2019 is behind us, every scorchingly hot 3 mile run lately has shown me that.  Springtime was a good time.  (Cherry Blossoms.)

I had my fourth, and hopefully last, eye operation in April and am on the road to a full range of activities after a year and a half layoff due to an achilles strain and then my detached retina woes.  I started running in May, half a mile at a time at the start and now up to 3 miles three times a week as I slowly progress.  (My eyebrow marked, I wait for surgery.)

I traveled overseas for my first time ever, to England and France with layovers in Eire. Once a boy has seen the sights of gay Paree, you can't keep him down on the farm anymore.  (One of the private gardens of Versailles.)

I restored old friendships, like traveling in Europe with my former running buddy Rhea and her husband Eric, and kickstarted my return to running by trying to keep up with her on a 2 mile run in an Oxford park.  Back in the states, I made sure to engage in traditional DC events like viewing the Cherry Blossom trees blooming on the Tidal Basin ( a few days after their peak) and viewing the new dinosaur display at the Smithsonian.  (Jogging in England, just like olde times.)

No comments: