Tuesday, January 22, 2019

MLK Day

The Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday dawned windy and bitterly cold, a full month into the Trump Snit Shutdown.  As is my won't on holidays, I had lunch at the Lost Dog Cafe in Westover.

I ordered enough for a guest.  I had a table where I could watch the door for anyone coming or going who might seem vaguely familiar but while I was there I saw no such one.


Usually I order a pizza but this time I tried the spinach and artichoke dip with pita bread and chips.  Next  month when I go for lunch there, for the last time on the birthdays of my oldest and youngest sons, I 'll stick to pizza.

My three sons will all be over 30 by then and I'll suspend my futile efforts at rapprochement thereafter; these men as boys were brought into the frightfully expensive, years-long divorce by their mother and experienced it in their immaturity as an exciting fight against their father which only ceased when the Arlington Court imposed sanctions and costs against her of almost $50,000 for harassment petitions, basically, and I guess they're all still in a snit about losing "their" case.  You could look it up on the internet.


No comments: