Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Another Dentist Visit

I came back a week later for another round with the dentist after a painful session the week before.  My posture in the chair was anticipatory, my body was rigid, my mind was focused on the event at hand, more drilling of the bad tooth.

I had taken an Advil the night before and the morning of, and I had eschewed any coffee that morning. The drilling went, well, okay.

Round and round the drill went on the deadened tooth until it actually touched on the point of the crack.  Jolt!

"Hmm," she said.  My dentist now had the lay of the land.  "Your sensitive spot is right on top of the crack in the tooth."

Round and round the drill went on the deadened tooth and again it touched on the point of the crack.  Jolt!

I was far back in the chair now, my knuckles white.  I hadn't started sweating yet, though.

Round and round the drill went on the deadened tooth until it touched on the point of the crack.  Jolt!

Round and round the drill went on the deadened tooth but this time it didn't touch on the point of the crack.  "All done," my dentist said.

I happily paid a large part of my mounting bill, which now was well over $3,000 for the year to date, with at least two more procedures to come within the next 45 days.  But we weren't done yet with that troublesome tooth.

No comments: