Monday, July 21, 2008

Runnin' Some

I have been running a little since I got back from the Grand Canyon. On the weekend of the Fourth, I had a RBF hookup with David on the Mall. Those are always fun. We went about ten miles in about 1:40, from Iwo Jima (pictured) to RFK and back. We started at 9:30s but wore down in the heat a little to over 10s. I took David by every war memorial that I could think of, Korea, Vietnam, WWI, WW2, the Civil War (Grant statue), the Revolutionary War (Washington Monument), and the War of 1812 (the White House, which was burned during it). We even went up the stairs into Lincoln and read the two famous speeches inscribed there, the Gettysburg Address and Lincoln’s Second Inauguration Speech. There’s always plenty to do on a Sunday morning in DC if you run.

8 comments:

Susan said...

I hope to discover DC one day!

akshaye said...

Sure does sound like a lot to do. I need to plan a trip there sometime.

Sunshine said...

Great running tour: I like those.
Nice picture.

Rich said...

That's a nice scenic tour!

Petraruns said...

I love DV and will one day ask you to take me on a running tour. What a wonderful place it is! Good to be home?

David said...

Many thanks for the tour and tolerance of my food-poisoned stamina. The memorials all came at just the right time - frequently.

Jade Lady said...

Sounds like a great place to run - sadly, I never ran in DC in the 13 years I lived there - I really missed out!

CewTwo said...

I heard about a running tour in Rome and it made want to go back. Thing is, I'd have to pay my own way this time.

I think that a running tour of Washington, DC, would be a fantastic experience!