Sunday, October 18, 2009

Colorful Colorado

When I was in Colorado last week, I drove from Denver to my cousin Liz's house, which is in Bayfield, outside of Durango. It was snowing when I traveled over Wolf Creek Pass.

Here's how the mountain valley looked on the other side, pointing westbound towards Durango.












Here's the sky over Pagosa Springs.


Here's my cousin Liz, the one I went horseback riding with. She runs a program up there in the Colorado high country, a house of sobriety, where she oversees drug dependent teenagers and gets them to go straight through animal therapy. She shows them how to take care of horses as part of their treatment for their dependency, including riding the horses.

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

A good friend lives in Durango - I've never been but it looks beautiful!