Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Pay Attention

It took over two years, but I reached a Settlement with my former agency after I received a substandard performance appraisal at the at the hands of a cadre of managers all a generation younger who, in my opinion, are mostly interested in maintaining their own positions rather than in advancing the interests of the agency. I complained about my bogus and unjustified rating, Satisfactory, now corrected to Fully Outstanding, and I was forced by the hostile work environment there to precipitously and prematurely involuntarily retire less than a year after that. The Settlement Agreement I agreed to mandates in part, in Section VIII d, that "...the FTC will ensure that all current FTC employees, who are or were managers within the Division of Financial Practices between August 2015 and the present, will complete EEO and diversity training, including training addressing age discrimination." That training is today, and I hope that my former managers are attentive, take notes, pay heed and act accordingly.

No comments: