Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A Holiday Weekend . . .

This Veteran's Day holiday weekend, I got a lot of things done.  I toured Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park with a friend and was shocked when the officious Park Ranger held her Senior Lifetime Pass granting us free entry, checked the signature line on the back as though she could read a signature anyway, and then carded her!

I also drove a neighbor home from a medical procedure.  These days the medical personnel won't let you leave their premises without somebody you know coming to get you, imposing quite a burden on persons living alone, after they perform today's ubiquitous drive-by surgery--as soon as you wake up they want you outta there!

I went for a nice neighborhood run.  I went out for breakfast with a friend.

And I had lunch at the Lost Dog pizzeria in Westover in Arlington.  I ordered a draft and a large Greek Pie (plenty for any drop-bys) and from my spacious booth I could see anybody entering the restaurant but nobody I recognized came in while I enjoyed my meal and then left, leaving some left over as a talisman for the next time.


No comments: