Saturday, September 10, 2016

More miles

I finished up last week with five lumbering runs totaling 12 miles.  My "long" run was 3 miles, three weeks after surgery.  (Out at the crack of dawn.)

I took three days off and then started off the running week with a "long" run of 4 miles.  There followed a procession of four 3-milers to cap the week at five runs totaling 16 miles.  (In the heat of the day.)

Two runs were nice and easy lopes along the W&OD, and another run took me past the school up the hill, my first foray on a hill, where I saw all the excited schoolchildren piling off their school buses for the first day of being back at school.  (Running by pastoral settings.)

Four weeks after my procedure I am back to running, sort of.  The incisions are healed, although the  abdominal cut still bothers me sometimes but slowly and surely I'm coming back.  (This beautiful cat came out to greet me when I ran by her.)

No comments: