Sunday, December 3, 2017

Holidays

November gave me a couple of opportunities to try to reconnect with my family. Veterans Day presented two, with the actual holiday being on Friday, November 10th, and the actual day of remembrance being on Saturday, November 11th.  (Lunch with The Empty Chair on Armistice Day.)

Life moves on. I decided to go to visit my sister and her family in red Ohio for Thanksgiving this year, after visiting my sister in blue Colorado for the last two Thanksgivings.  (Holidays are for reaching out to family and promoting family togetherness.)

I traded in my little "roadster" for a big truck for my planned upcoming cross-country trips. I put 1200 miles on it and enjoyed a week in the midwest.  (I visited this sister this year, whom I hadn't visited in many years; any normal person would agree it's natural and important to keep in touch with family.)

Now that I'm home again, it's time to prepare for the holiday season. I already know that someone nearby is moving, maybe out of town or out of state or even, perhaps, out of the country.  (Don't forget to leave a forwarding address, in case I need to get in touch with any of our three children, and enjoy NC!)

No comments: