Friday, December 22, 2017

Picture this

Pictures from last winter all come from my old sports camera, as I didn't get my new camera until April.  It was the winter of discontent, no time for sunshine patriots, as the faux president was inaugurated in January and immediately started putting into place the permanent diminution of American power and prestige with his disastrous policies.

Here I am as a protester at the women's march in DC, the first time I have protested in the streets since the seventies.  The more things change, the more they remain . . .  .

Another weekend, enroute to another protest, this time at Lafayette Park.  Strangely, on each of these days of protest, the subway curtailed service before it crossed over or under the Potomac and "provided" overcrowded or non-existent bus service to continue the journey into the District.

Freedom of speech and exercising the right of assembly.  I did get out for a few early morning runs last winter.

No comments: