Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year's Day

New Year's day was a glorious start to 2018, despite how bitterly cold it was.  There were exciting college bowl games on the telly.

I had a delicious lunch at my favorite local restaurant at noon, dining as usual with the Empty Chair.  Enroute to the Lost Dog, I passed by my man Trevor, out at his usual spot on a street corner, interacting with passing motorists despite the frigid temperatures.

Coming home after lunch I could see in passing by that the mother of my children has her condominium for sale.  My oldest son has, I think, lived there with her and her new husband in the past and so far as I know in the present too, so I suppose he'll be moving on too, perhaps to their new location; I last laid eyes on him and spoke to him in, I think, 2007, so I won't be missing anything, especially as concerns her, who provides me with zero information about our children (even whether or not they're well or even alive) and her stony-hearted new husband.

I miss my children though, as their unjustified and indeed totally gender-driven estrangement from me and the whole rest of my family stretches on absurdly past a decade.  Next up--middle child, I'll be at the Lost Dog at noon on your upcoming birthday for lunch; come on, now that you're a fully-mature adult and responsible for your own actions, give healing a try and join me!

No comments: