Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Changes

I hate change, but it's inevitable.  My bank used to be across the street, where I could get cash from the ATM and deposit checks, but it was closed by Capital One for being underperforming and now I have to drive to my bank and the service sucks.

I used to be able to walk to the main provision center of my HMO which was in my home town with 24-hour care, but Kaiser built  new main center in Tysons Corner which I now have to drive to, it's impossible to find on the first try and traffic out there sucks.  To pick up a prescription at my rump HMO center in town takes at least half an hour waiting in line.

My mortgage holder used to have an office across the street and I had overdraft protection linked to my home equity line of credit but Capital One sold my mortgage to a fly-by-night provider (who begins every phone conversation with an offsetting warning that this conversation is an attempt to collect a debt, unless you're in bankruptcy) and my HELOC to a different fly-by-night company so my checking account no longer has overdraft protection.

Next door is a drugstore which I walk to often to buy toiletries and incidentals, food, beer or wine, and to check my B/P, treating it like an old-time dimestore.  Rite Aid just announced it would close the store next month as being underperforming, leaving me with no store I can walk to handily.





No comments: