Monday, August 5, 2019

3 miles done

Today I got out running as soon as the dawn lightened enough to see the roadway, in the cool of the early morning before the sun came out and made everything hot again.  After my 90 bicep curls with my l'il ol' dumbbell (3 sets of 15 reps at 25 pounds, each arm before and after each run), my recently added routine of a few push-ups, and stretching, I burned off a neighborhood mile while I considered my two-mile segment because I was undecided about that part.  (Whew, glad that's done.)
 

I had done 4 miles with a long, tough hill two days before and I didn't want to do that hill again because my legs felt used up, but I know hills are good for runners and speed their progression to improved fitness and ability.  I had already chickened out on doing Saturday's tough hill by the route of my neighborhood mile, taking me away from that hill, but it led me towards a half-mile hill in town not far from my house which I had been staying away from after failing to fully surmount it weeks ago when my conditioning was even less than my current pathetic state.  (My weight training station.)

Alright, I thought, let's go.  It was a long slow plod up that hill (longer but not quite so steep as Saturday's hill) but I made it and turned around a mile out and had the benefit of going down the same long hill on my return.  (My push-up platform.)

I was happy to get my exercise for the day done by about 7:15 am, with the whole rest of the day stretching out ahead of me, just like in the old days.  Coming back is a slow process, but it seems to be coming.  (My gym.)


No comments: