Thursday, December 4, 2014

Practicing for the big R

I'm starting to burn up this year's A/L, which means it's no longer available as a lump sum payout if I were to leave work for some reason.  I guess I'll start storing it up again come January.

I went for a "schools" run yesterday and today, which is the same thing as a "hills" run in my town.  Yesterday it was a 4-mile run around Mount Daniels School atop the hill on Oak Street, this morning it was a 3-mile run around Timber Lane School atop the hill on West Street.  Both places have stairs to run up too.

After today's run, I worked clearing out the basement for a little while, throwing things out.  Lookit what I found, a picture from 1986 of a State Trooper holding his oldest child, who has donned his trooper's hat.

Then it was off to the local Starbucks for a cup of java from 9:30-9:45 a.m.  I don't speak Starbucks so when I asked for a "small house coffee" they put in my order as a small hot chocolate.  I scrutinized everyone's face who came in but nobody I recognized entered.

No comments: