Thursday, April 19, 2018

Facebook

You might be wondering why I have been posting practically every day lately.  It's because I have been having philosophical issues with Facebook given their arrogance and in my opinion, callous lawlessness.

They are under order with the FTC, you know, an order they violated, in my opinion, at least 87 million times in the Cambridge Analytica scandal.  I used to post on my FB account almost every day because it was so easy and quick, and an easy way to post pictures.

But on March 27th, I posted on FB for the last time, for at least a month, in light of their contemporary attitudes and past actions.  This was my post:

"In the face of Facebook's, and Mark Zuckerberg's, arrogance, apparent lawlessness, contempt for complying with existing orders, disregard for its consumer users, venality, anti-democratic tendencies and disturbing lack of patriotism, I am leaving regular use of and posting on my FB account for now (taking a leave of absence from it), except for special circumstances as they may suit my needs. I can be found on my long-standing blog DC Spinster if anyone is interested."

I have a twitter account, I think, but that is totally stupid, in my view, posting garbage limited to 280 characters whenever a venomous or towering egotistical mood strikes you.  Just look at the puerile vitriol that spews forth from America's Poster-In-Chief every day with his tiresome threats of throwing all dissenters in jail.  

Sad!  We'll just have to wait and see if I go back to regularly posting on Facebook.

No comments: