Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Don't be alone

My last post, last month, was about the big corporations beating down the common man (or woman) because we don't matter in current Amerika. My attitude hasn't changed.

But a health issue interposed. I'm losing my sight.

A detached retina in my dominant eye (three tears in the superior region) caused me to lose 3/4 of my sight in a day in that eye. The ophthalmologist operated that very day, upon my right eye, and it hurt a lot.

The surgery failed because a week later I was in the OR for surgery number two, upon that eye, an hour after I went for my one-week check-up. I live alone and couldn't even have had these sight-saving surgeries unless I had someone to pick me up immediately afterwards (ALL surgeries are outpatient these days) who would take me home and ensconce me in bed to begin the weeks-long arduous recovery from eye surgery.

No comments: