Monday, January 14, 2019

Hampton

Driving to Hampton, VA, to visit my cousin and her husband, my first car trip since my eye surgery three weeks earlier, went well enough.  I left in the daylight, after rush hour, and arrived early in the afternoon at Buckroe Beach where my cousin has a condominium.  Buckroe beach is a quiet, laidback small sandy beach on the Chesapeake where it flows into the Atlantic.

My cousin's unit has a view of the beach, only 60 feet away.  We walked a couple of miles along the beach when I arrived, my first substantial exercise, sort of, since my operation.

Then we went to the Hampton History Museum, which had a very informative exposition on the history of the Hampton Road area from Indian times to the present.  There's a lot that goes on there beyond recreation, as NASA has a presence there and there's a large military presence there in addition to major shipbuilding in the region.


That evening she and her husband treated me to dinner at a waterfront restaurant.  It had very nice views of the harbor.

No comments: