Wednesday, January 2, 2019

New Year's Day

The New Year got off to a pleasant start as I enjoyed lunch at my favorite gourmet pizzeria.  It wasn't crowded when I was seated at noon, although business picked up noticeably during the hour I was there, and I walked around to see if there was anybody I knew there but I didn't recognize anybody.

I was seated at a window table overlooking the front door.  I like to watch the comings and goings of patrons as I dine alone at the restaurant.

I ordered a Founders Bastard Brew which arrived, thanks to my favorite waiter Henry, with a frothy head and it contained a strong inclination towards bourbon, having been aged in bourbon barrels, and sweet hints of caramel and molasses within its full body, although with a wicked price for its delightful taste as it contained 11% alcohol content.  Despite its short 9 ounce size, that meant only one for the meal.

The pizza was a delight to behold, smell, savor and consume.  The Italian Pie was made up of marinara sauce, prosciutto ham, genoa sausage and onions, and there was plenty left over at the end of the meal as it was more than I could comfortably eat of this delicious pie.
At the end of the hour I paid and left, having enjoyed a quiet lunch.  One of my sons has a birthday later this month but I won't be in town then, although I'll be here for the next holiday for sure and also for the next two following birthdays of my other sons, after which, all of them having attained the age of thirty by then, I'll discontinue this lunchtime rapprochement routine of mine if still unsuccessful and wish them all the luck and fortune their adult characters and familial behavior deserve going forward in their lives.

No comments: