Tuesday, January 1, 2019

It's a New Year

2018 is over, thank God.  Except for an evening in November spent watching the midterm returns roll in, it sucked.

But we have a fresh start in a new year, and I don't have any resolutions really, except to avoid surgery if possible.  Yeah, that's a resolution I really hope to keep.

There's nothing really that I'm looking forward to this year except maybe to return in a fashion to some form of running come the spring, find a local running buddy because all of my former ones have either moved away or moved on, read more, read more varied books than just mostly history, take a few modest car trips, use my senior National Parks Pass more, go to one of the two states I've never been to, see a game at one of the two major league baseball stadiums where I've never seen a game, attend relevant rallies or protests whenever possible, recoup some of my 50% reduction last year to my lifeline-to-the-end-of-my-life 401K account, go to services a dozen times, and either see one or more of my estranged children at long last or stop wasting my time by engaging in the useless exercise of making myself available to them in a public setting on most holidays or special days, once they've all achieved the age of thirty.  Today at noon I'll be at the Lost Dog Cafe in Westover to enjoy a pizza and a draft and whatever else, if anything, that transpires there.

I guess, looking at the list I just created, which could have gone on ad infinitum, that I could have a lot to do actually.  Mostly though I'm waiting for next year so us true American patriots can get our country back, restore our beloved republic, fix our weakening democratic processes and bring back our nation's former greatness, because I would be ashamed of the country I'd leave to my children if I were to go away now.  

No comments: