Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

How's this for a rockin' 13?

Tomorrow Never Knows (Beatles 1966).

This song reminds me of floating down the Colorado River for half an hour at the conclusion of my eight-day rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. One of the most memorable 30 minutes of my life. Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream. It is not dying. It is not dying.

Satisfaction (Stones 1965).

At least Mick did this in his halftime show.

I Can See For Miles (The Who 1967).

They didn't include this in their Super Bowl Halftime Show.

Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin 1971).

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

White Room (Cream 1968).

You said no strings could secure you at the station.

Foxy Lady (Jimi Hendrix 1967).

Oh yeah.

Sloop John B (Beach Boys 1966).

Ah, adolescence.

Somebody to Love (Jefferson Airplane 1966).

Don't you need somebody to love?

Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Carnes 1981).



Back Door Man (Doors 1967).

I eat more chicken than any man ever seen.

My Hometown (Bruce Springstein 1984).

He'd tousle my hair and say, "Son, take a good look around, this is your home town."

I love that image.

Anything off Korn's Life is Peachy album (1996).

This one's for Johnny.

With or Without You (U2 1987).

I can't live with or without you.

That one's for Danny. And there you have it. This was hard.

No comments: