Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Commish, Part Two.

Having found a commissioner to captain my agency's entry into the Capital Challenge 3-Miler team race, I went out on an initial 3-mile run with her and discovered that this unschooled runner was virtually as fast as me.  She was capable of throwing down a series of sub-9-minute miles.

A week later we tried the three mile loop I had created on the Mall again.  Now it became clear that she was indeed faster than me.

At the midway point, as I was straining now to keep up with her, I told her to finish ahead of me and she did, finishing her run at in 24:24, almost a two-minute improvement over the week before while I huffed and puffed to come in a full minute behind her.

Hmm.  It was time to turn her training over to one of our agency's fastest runners, a team member who had always come in fastest at our team's prior races.


No comments: