Saturday, December 31, 2016

A year comes to an end.

2016 was an eventful year for me.  I was forced to retire prematurely and precipitously.  I had stomach surgery.   Out of an abundance of precautionary foresight, I worked hard for the Hillary campaign in the fall yet a carnival barker beat her (with 3 million fewer votes) with the telling assistance of the Russians and the FBI.  Most of my friends either moved or have dropped away.  My running dropped off a cliff after my surgery, and then again this month when a painful calf injury felled me.

But the biggest event of the year for me was finding out this year that my youngest son got married last year.  Congratulations, Danny, and welcome to the family, Laura.


Tomorrow I'll be at my usual lunch spot.  Perhaps I'll see one or more of you all there, eh JJD&L?  

No comments: