Monday, December 31, 2018

Holiday Tour, Part Two

This month I went into the District to do a holiday decorations tour on a bicycle. I spent a little time enjoying the National Tree with the National Menorah and the Washington Monument bookending it.

Downtown I went into the Willard Hotel and the Trump International Hotel to see their trees and warm up for a little while.  DC in December can be cold and raw even when the sun is out.

The Nutcracker Sentries were manning one of the the Willard Hotel entrances and outside the Portrait Museum some life size wooden soldiers stood guard.  The Hotel Monaco had a nice little tree in its tiny lobby.

The Smithsonian Castle always has a tree.  The nice thing there is that there's never a line to get in and it has bathrooms and even a small food court.

The Capital Tree was nice, although it's always dwarfed by the Capitol.  After seeing it from afar, I went up to Union Station to have lunch in its food court and see the tree in the massive lobby.

I headed back to Haines Point to retrieve my car and drive home.  Along the way I ducked into the almost totally underground African Arts Museum to see its tree and conclude this year's holiday decorations tour.

No comments: