Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Images

In Columbus, I tried to capture some beautiful photographic images. I always love to capture mirror images of bridges or structure on the water; here I got a picture of a bridge reflected on the Scioto River underneath as a boatman paddled up to it.

Here's the city's namesake outside City Hall.  I wonder when the groundswell of removing Columbus' statue will grow to a volume that can't be ignored because after all, his arrival in the New World (can I still say that?) initiated the genocide of indigenous peoples due to the introduction of urban diseases like smallpox and the disparity of technologies like guns versus spears.

I enjoyed spending time with my sister and her family.  Here I enjoyed a libation with her and her middle child, a graduate student in Columbus.

Later we were joined by her youngest son, who also lives downtown and is an engineer who works for a foreign car company.  These young men apparently didn't get the memo from my three children about how terrible I am, actually, these blood relatives of mine haven't heard from those lads in over 15 years.

No comments: