Wednesday, September 19, 2018

I haven't driven at night yet... .

At my one month check up last week following eye surgery last month, my doctor gave me an out for a third eye surgery in the fall to remove the oil filling my healing eye by telling me at the outset that he had clients who have left the oil in their eyes for years and even decades, although he didn't recommend that because the vision isn't so good out of that eye and it leads to cataracts.  He might as well have winked at me.

But more eye surgery is coming up in October or November.  Maybe I should schedule it around Thanksgiving to thank providence for restoring sight in that eye to any degree or to be thankful for the character-building process of another two months of sedate, careful recovery.  You know, the Romans 5 passage about tribulation/patience/experience and hope.

The surgeon suggested that I might want to travel now because after that surgery I'd be in recovery mode for many weeks.  But then, if all went well, the repair would be permanent.  Thank the Lord.

Where would I go, since I'm not in shape to work on any campaign, which had been my intention earlier in the summer once September came, and I haven't tried any turnpike driving nor driving at night yet.  Although I'm healed or mostly healed, I still have trouble with my eye (momentary white flares, steroid eye drops twice a day) and it feels funny so I'm mostly stick-at-home right now and I can't wait to get this oil out of my eye.
  

No comments: