Thursday, September 27, 2018

The National Gallery of Art

My sister came to DC to attend a charitable event and we had a couple of enjoyable dinners in Chinatown.  We also spent time at the National Gallery of Art after her conference was over.

She studied art in college so she was able to inform me as to what I was looking at.  The museum has a prodigious collection of world-renowned art, like this Rembrandt self-portrait.

My favorite piece, however, is on the roof.  My sister also liked this refugee from The Food of the Gods.

We did a lot of walking, also visiting the Portrait Gallery, the Hotel Monaco, the Archives, the Navy Memorial,the Statue Garden, the National Botanical Gardens and the Library of Congress.  There is so much to see in the District that you could spend a month here without visiting a site twice.

No comments: